Ivana PuglisiAssistant Professor of Agricultural chemistry [AGR/13]
Office Hours: Monday and Wednesday from 15:00 to 16:00
Ivana Puglisi is Assistant Professor for the disciplinary-scientific sector AGR/13-Agricultural Chemistry (researcher temporary position type b) from 1st April 2020 at the Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment (Di3A) of the University of Catania.
Graduated (110/110 cum laude) at the University of Catania in Food Science and Technology in 1999. She obtained a PhD in “Agricultural Chemistry-XV cycle” at the University of Catania in 2004 and attended the previous Agricultural Chemistry Section, currently Section of Chemistry, Microbiology and Technologies (ChiMiTec) of the Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment (Di3A) as a research collaborator. She obtained 4 years research grant according to art. 51 comma 6, 1997, n. 449) and 3 years research grant according to art.22, 240/2010.
She has been a contract professor for the following courses:
“Secondary metabolism biochemistry” – 8 C.F.U. - disciplinary-scientific sector BIO/10 – at Agricultural Faculty – degree course “Agricultural Biotechnology” (Academic years: 2010/2011 and 2011/2012);
“Food nutrition” – 6 C.F.U. - disciplinary-scientific sector BIO/09 – at Agricultural Faculty – degree course “Food Science and Technology” (Academic year: 2009/2010);
“Soil fertility and plant nutrition” – 5 C.F.U. - disciplinary-scientific sector AGR/13 - at Agricultural Faculty – degree course “Design and Management of Green Areas, Parks and Gardens" - Caltagirone (Academic years: 2006/2007; 2007/2008 and 2008/2009).
She was involved, as a component, in international, national and regional research projects.
Member of the Italian Pesticides and Environment Research Group (GRIFA) (2017 - present).
Member of the Italian Society of Agricultural Chemistry (SICA) (2019 - present).
view the publications
ACADEMIC YEAR 2020/2021
- DEPARTMENT OF BIOMEDICAL AND BIOTECHNOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Bachelor's Degree in Biotechnology - 2 Year
BIOCHIMICA E FISIOLOGIA DEL SISTEMA SUOLO PIANTA
- Effect of natural compounds on soil biological activity, on metabolism and gene expression of plant species, in particular the study of biostimulant substances such as extracts from microalgae, humic-like substances from agro-industrial residues and Leonardite;
- Study of the plant secondary metabolism, the biosynthetic pathway of anthocyanins and the mechanisms determining the activation of this pathway;
- Study of glutathione transferase (GST), enzymes involved in the detoxification processes of plants and in the accumulation of anthocyanins in the vacuoles;
- Purification and characterization of proteases from plant tissues and their compatibility with the cheesemaking processes.