Tutor: Biagio Fallico
- 2023 - 2026: PhD Course in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Sciences, University of Catania. Research project: "Use of food by-products as “Novel Ingredients” to improve the quality of bakery products" within the ONFOODS project. Tutor: Dr. Biagio Fallico, Co-Tutor: Dr. Rosa Palmeri
- May 2022 - July 2023: Research grant, Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment, University of Catania, supervisor: Dr. Cristina Restuccia. Research activities: "Use of innovative yeasts for brewing" within the InnoMalto project.
- 2021: Qualification to the profession of Food Technologist
- Oct 2020 - Jul 2022: Master's degree in Food Science and Technology (LM-70); Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment (Di3A) - University of Catania, supervisor: Dr. Rosa Palmeri. Degree thesis: "Characterization of by-products from the brewing process and potential application in the food industry". Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- Oct 2016 - Oct 2019: Bachelor's degree in Food Science and Technology (L-26); Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment (Di3A) - University of Catania. Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- July 2016: Classical High School Diploma; Liceo Classico Fratelli Testa, Nicosia (EN).
-Canale M., Sanfilippo R., Strano M. C., Amenta M., Allegra M., Proetto I., Papa M., Palmeri R., Todaro A., Spina A. “Artichoke Industrial Waste in Durum Wheat Bread: Effects of Two Different Preparation and Drying Methods of Flours and Evaluation of Quality Parameters during Short Storage”. Foods 2023, 12(18), 3419. DOI 10.3390/foods12183419
- Todaro A., Arena E., Timpone R., Parafati L., Proetto I., Pesce F., Pisana F., Fallico B., Palmeri, R. "Use of concentrated fruit juice extracts to improve the antioxidant properties in a soft drink formulation". International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science 2022, 31, 100649. DOI 10.1016/j.ijgfs.2022.100649
- Palmeri R., Siracusa L., Carrubba M., Parafati L., Proetto I., Pesce F., Fallico B. "Olive Leaves, a Promising Byproduct of Olive Oil Industry: Assessment of Metabolic Profiles and Antioxidant Capacity as a Function of Cultivar and Seasonal Change". Agronomy, 2022, 12(9), 2007. DOI 10.3390/agronomy12092007
- Poster: Parafati L., Siracusa L., Pulvirenti L., Pesce F., Proetto I., Palmeri R., Restuccia C. "Antibacterial properties and bioactive compounds of Opuntia stricta water extract to be used as natural food preservative". 7th International Conference on Microbial Diversity Agrifood microbiota as a tool for a sustainable future, SIMTREA, Parma (Italy), Paganini Congressi, September 26-29, 2023.
- Poster: Fuochi V., Palmeri R., Parafati L., Furnari S., Proetto I., Furnari P.M. "Preliminary evaluation of prebiotic activity of Brewers’ Spent Grain (BSG)-based formulations of pasta". 12th Probiotic, prebiotic & new foods, 3th Science & Business, Rome (Italy), Auditorium della tecnica, September 16-19, 2023.