Giuseppe Longo MinnoloDottorando - XXXV Ciclo Agricultural, Food and Environmental Science - Tutor: Simona Consoli
Ufficio: Aquatec, Via Santa Sofia 98; piano terra
- 2019 - 2022: PhD course in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Science, University of Catania. Research projects: “An integrated satellite-based approach to estimate crop water requirements”. The project aims to obtain spatially distributed estimates of daily crop water requirements using only remote sensing products to derive crop types and parameters. The expected result is an operational approach to support the regional authorities and the irrigation consortia in the quantification of irrigation volumes, filling the obligations of the Ministry Decree of July 31, 2015 (MIPAAF).
- Mar 2019 – Jun 2019: Research grant entitled “Application of COSMO-LEPS model integrated with satellite data for climate variability analysis in Sicilian agricultural areas. WAter Saving in Agricolture: technological developments for the suistanable management of limited water resources in the Mediterranean area (WASA), CUP: E62F16000710006.
- 2016 - 2018: Master’s Degree in Territorial, Environmental and Landscape Protection (LM75), University of Catania. Supervisor: Dott.ssa Daniela Vanella. Degree thesis: “Spatial interpolation of significant ground water quality parameters”. Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- Feb 2018 – Jun 2018: Erasmus Mobility for Study (KA 1), University of Evora (Portugal).
- Feb 2018: GIS – Geographic Information System – Certification, Specialised level.
- 2013 - 2016: Bachelor’s Degree in Territorial and Landscape Planning and Protection (L21), University of Catania (Italy). Supervisor: Prof. Simona Consoli. Degree thesis: “The role of deficit irrigation in Mediterranean agricultural areas”. Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- 2013: High School Diploma, Liceo Scientifico-Tecnologico – Istituto Superiore “Ven. Ignazio Capizzi”, Bronte (CT).
- Longo M., G., Vanella, D., Consoli, S., Intrigliolo, D.S, Ramírez-Cuesta, J.M. (2019). Combining remote sensing and weather forecast for crop evapotranspiration estimation under different irrigation strategies. Abstract for International Symposium on Precision Management of Orchards and Vineyards (Acta Horticulturae Symposium), Palermo, 9-11 Ottobre 2019.
- Vanella, D., Intrigliolo, D.S., Consoli, S., Longo M., G., Barbagallo, S., Lizzio, G., Dumitrache, R.C., Matescu, E., Deelstra, J., Ramírez-Cuesta, J.M. (2019). Retrieving reference evapotranspiration for irrigation scheduling: forecast or past weather data? Abstract for International Mid-Term Conference Italian Association of Agricultural Engineering (AIIA), Matera 12-13 Settembre 2019