Research FellowScientific Tutor: Cinzia Lucia Randazzo
- 4th November 2021. Research Fellow, AGR/16, at the Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment (Di3a), University of Catania: Research project: "Messa a punto di una coltura microbica di origine vegetale ad attività proteolitica e funzionale per la realizzazione di un formaggio Halal".
- 13th December 2021: Awarded the title of PhD in "Agricultural, Food and Environmental Science" (International PhD XXXIV Cycle), University of Catania: Research project entitled "Study of stress adaptation, versatility and functionality of selected Lactiplantibacillus plantarum strains used as starter cultures for table olives fermentation".
- 1st July-30th October 2021: International Research activity: Facultad de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidad de Extremadura, Badajoz, Spain; supervisor: Prof. Joaquin Bautista-Gallego. Research activities related to the PhD project: Technological characterisation of yeasts isolated from table olives for use in fermentation processes; extraction of mannoprotein substances from yeasts to promote the growth of lactic acid bacteria.
- 15th April-15th June 2021: Research activity: Department of Life Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia; Laboratory of Biotechnology of Yeasts and Bacteria, supervisor: Prof. Lisa Solieri. Research activity related to the PhD project: "Transcriptional profiling of candidate genes for the β-glucosidase positive phenotype in Lactiplantibacillus plantarum".
- 13th January-13th March 2020: Winner of the SIMTREA (Italian Society of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Microbiology) 2019 Award; Mobility grants for research stays, for young unstructured SIMTREA members. Department of Soil, Plant and Food Sciences, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Italy. Supervisor: Prof. Maria De Angelis. Project title "Proteomic characteristics of Lactiplantibacillus plantarum strain under simulated table olives brine conditions".
- February 2018- June 2018: Postgraduate research activity, Department of Food Biotechnology of Instituto de la Grasa (CSIC), Seville, Spain; supervisors: Dr. Bautista-Gallego J. and Dr. Arroyo-Lopez N. F. Research activities: isolation of yeasts from hypo-sodic and probiotic brines; application of molecular technique (rep-PCR) for identification and characterization of yeasts; study of β-glucosidase activity of lactobacilli and yeasts.
- October 2017- February 2018: Postgraduate traineeship, Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment, University of Catania; supervisor: Prof. Cinzia Caggia. Research activity: phenotypic and genotypic identification of food-borne yeasts and bacteria.
- October 2017: Master's Degree in Food Science and Technology, Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment, University of Catania; supervisors: Prof.ssa Cinzia Lucia Randazzo and Dr.ssa Alessandra Pino. Dissertation: "Selection of Lactobacillus plantarum strains to be used as starter cultures in fermented table olives". Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- October 2015: Bachelor's degree in Food Science and Technology, Department of Agriculture, Food and Environment, University of Catania.
VIEW THE PUBLICATIONS
N.B. the number of publications can affect the loading time of the information