Ermes Ivan Rovetto
DottorandoDottorato in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Science - XXXVI Ciclo
Tutor: Santa Olga Cacciola
- 2020-2023: PhD course in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Science, University of Catania (grant funded by the National Operative Program (PON) “Research and Innovation” 2014-2020, line “Innovative doctorates with industrial characterization”). Research project: “Green solutions and innovative technologies for post-harvest management and safety of food products of the organic and zero-residue citrus production chain”. The aim of the PhD project is to identify non-toxic green substances for the protection of citrus fruits from post-harvest rots caused by species of Penicillium, Phytophthora etc. The project has also the aims to develop a pratical and economic molecular method based on a new technology for in-situ and rapid diagnosis of plant pathogens to determine the presence of mycotoxins in fresh citrus fruits and processed products.
- May 2020: Qualification as Agronomy and Forestry Doctor.
- 2017-2019: Master’s Degree in Agricultural Science and Technologies, University of Catania. Supervisor: Prof. Andrea Baglieri. Degree thesis: “Biostimulant effects of a Scenedesmus quadricauda extract on lettuce seedlings”. Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- 2011-2016: Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Science and Technologies, University of Catania; Supervisor: Prof. Barbagallo Riccardo Nunzio; degree thesis: “Strategie di valorizzazione dei sottoprodotti vitivinicoli”. Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- 2010: High School diploma - State School "Archimede".
- E. La Bella, A. Baglieri, E. I. Rovetto, P. Stevanato, I. Puglisi (2021). Foliar spray application of Chlorella vulgaris extract: effect on the growth of lettuce seedlings. Agronomy 2021, 11, 308. https://doi.org/10.3390/agronomy11020308
- E. La Bella, E. I. Rovetto, I. Puglisi, A. Baglieri. Chlorella vulgaris extract used as biostimulant in lettuce seedlings. Abstract. 8-11 February 2021. Torino, Italy.
- Puglisi, E. La Bella, E. I. Rovetto, A. R. Lo Piero and A. Baglieri (2020). Biostimulant effect and biochemical response in lettuce seedlings treated with a Scenedesmus quadricauda extract. Plants 9(1): 123. https://doi.org/10.3390/plants9010123.