Emanuele La Bella
PhD StudentPhD in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Science - XXXVI Cycle
Tutor: Ivana Puglisi
- 2020-2023: PhD Course in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Science, University of Catania. Research project: “Multipurpose agricultural reuse of biomasses and their extracts from different sources”. The aim of the project is to investigate the biostimulant effect of biomasses and their extracts from different sources on plants, in order to assess their potential effect on soil biochemical fertility and plant metabolism. Moreover, the application of valuable biomasses for the development of eco-sustainable strategies in agriculture will be evaluated.
- 8 – 11 February 2021: Participation to the International Agricultural Chemistry Winter School organized by the Italian Society of Agricultural Chemistry, University of Torino.
- December 2020: Participation to Plant Healt Young Workshop organized by SIGA.
- May 2020: Qualification as Agronomy and Forestry Doctor.
- 2017-2019: Master’s Degree in Agricultural Science and Technologies, University of Catania. Supervisor: Prof. Andrea Baglieri. Degree thesis: “Biostimulat effects of a Chlorella vulgaris extract on lettuce seedlings”. Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- 2014-2017: Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Science and Technologies, University of Catania; supervisor: Prof. Giovanni Cascone; degree thesis: “Caratteristiche tecniche dei film plastici di copertura delle serre maggiormente utilizzati in Sicilia”. Final mark: 110/110 cum laude.
- E. La Bella, A. Baglieri, F. Fragalà, I. Puglisi (2022). "Multipurpose Agricultural Reuse of Microalgae Biomasses Employed for the Treatment of Urban Wastewater". Agronomy, 2022, 12(2), 234. https://doi.org/10.3390/agronomy12020234
- I. Puglisi, E. La Bella, E. I. Rovetto, P. Stevanato, G. Fascella, A. Baglieri (2022). "Morpho-biometric and biochemical responses in lettuce seedlings treated by different application methods of Chlorella vulgaris extract: foliar spray or root drench?". Journal of Applied Phycology, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10811-021-02671-1
- E. La Bella, A. Baglieri, E. I. Rovetto, P. Stevanato, I. Puglisi (2021). Foliar spray application of Chlorella vulgaris extract: effect on the growth of lettuce seedlings. Agronomy 2021, 11, 308. https://doi.org/10.3390/agronomy11020308
- E. La Bella, E. I. Rovetto, I. Puglisi, A. Baglieri. Chlorella vulgaris extract used as biostimulant in lettuce seedlings. Abstract. 8-11 February 2021. Torino, Italy.
- I. Puglisi, E. La Bella, E. I. Rovetto, A. R. Lo Piero and A. Baglieri (2020). Biostimulant effect and biochemical response in lettuce seedlings treated with a Scenedesmus quadricauda extract. Plants 9(1): 123. https://doi.org/10.3390/plants9010123