BIOTECHNOLOGIES OF HERBACEOUS CROPSAcademic Year 2020/2021 - 2° Year
Credit Value: 6
Scientific field: AGR/02 - Agronomy and field crops
Course Language: Italian
Taught classes: 28 hours
Exercise: 28 hours
Term / Semester: 1°
The teaching aims to build knowledge, skills and competences concerning the adaptation and resistance to environmental stress, improving the resources efficiency and the use of biotechnology to the sustainable energy production.
The course will be structured as follows:
- Participated lessons
- Cooperative lessons
- Analysis of case studies
If teaching is given in a mixed formula or remotely, necessary changes may be introduced to what was previously stated in order to comply with the provided and reported syllabus.
Learning assessment may also be carried out on line, should the conditions require it.
Detailed Course Content
- Basic knowledge on agroecosystems structure and function
- Brief notes on biodiversity and germplasm conservation
- Genetic improvement of herbaceous crops
- Genetically modified plants (transferred characters and genetic control)
- Nutrient use efficiency
- Resistance to environmental stress
- Biofuels production from herbaceous crops.
- Phytoremediation of polluted soils.
- Genomica e Biotecnologie Genetiche – Vol III (Barcaccia, Falcinelli). Liguori Editore
- Biologia cellulare e Biotecnologie Vegetali (Pasqua G.). Piccin Editore
- Biotecnologie sostenibili (Galbiati, Gentile, La Malfa, Tonelli). Edagricole Editore
- Appunti del docente