The graduate in Agricultural Biotechnology is professionally qualified for:
- carrying out biotechnological interventions for the optimization of productive and reproductive efficiency of agriculturally interesting organisms;
- developing and applying analytical methods for the characterization of agricultural organisms and products and for their quality and health control;
- applying innovative methods of genetic improvement of agricultural plants, animals and microorganisms of both food and non-food interest;
- using molecular methods for varietal recognition and characterization of agricultural biodiversity as well as for germplasm conservation and management;
- planning and implementing strategies aimed at integrated defense of plants, development of protocols for exploitation of phytopathogenic and beneficial microorganisms, development of molecular diagnostic kits;
- identifying biotechnological interventions to reduce pollution;
- carrying out basic and applied research activities and developing scientific and technological innovation;
- operating with appropriate knowledge on ethical and bioethical issues regulations and economic aspects, as well as national and EU regulations concerning protection of inventions in the biotechnological sector.
The high specialization of the course program is ensured by the availability and qualification of the professors involved as well as by the equipments available to the students (laboratories, experimental and demonstration fields, libraries). Teaching will be based on the qualified research activities conducted by the teaching staff in such a way to ensure students the opportunity to take advantage of the advanced teaching from the scientific point of view and linked to the needs of the territory.
In addition, the course in Agricultural Biotechnology will be able to continue its learning process in higher levels of education such as II level Master's or PhD courses.