BIOTECHNOLOGIES OF HERBACEOUS CROPSAcademic Year 2017/2018 - 2° Year
Credit Value: 6
Scientific field: AGR/02 - Agronomy and field crops
Taught classes: 28 hours
Exercise: 28 hours
Term / Semester: 1°
Study and manipulation of genes responsible for production traits and genes involved in the mechanisms of flowering and vernalization, genetically modified plants and their main characteristics and applications. Biofuels production and phytoremediation of polluted soils.
Detailed Course Content
- Basic knowledge on agroecosystems structure and function
- Biodiversity and germplasm conservation
- Genetic improvement of herbaceous crops
- Genetically modified plants (transferred characters and genetic control)
- Genetically modified herbaceous crops
- Biofuels production from herbaceous crops.
- Phytoremediation of polluted soils.
- Genomica e Biotecnologie Genetiche – Vol III (Barcaccia, Falcinelli). Liguori Editore
- Biologia cellulare e Biotecnologie Vegetali (Pasqua G.). Piccin Editore
- Appunti del docente