BIOTECHNOLOGIES OF HERBACEOUS CROPSAcademic Year 2019/2020 - 2° Year
Credit Value: 6
Scientific field: AGR/02 - Agronomy and field crops
Course Language: Italian
Taught classes: 28 hours
Exercise: 28 hours
Term / Semester: 1°
Study and manipulation of genes responsible for production traits and genes involved in the mechanisms of flowering and vernalization, genetically modified plants and their main characteristics and applications. Biotechnologies for sustainable bioenergy production and phytoremediation of polluted soils.
The course will be structured as follows:
- Participated lessons
- Cooperative lessons
- Analysis of case studies
Detailed Course Content
- Basic knowledge on agroecosystems structure and function
- Biodiversity and germplasm conservation
- Genetic improvement of herbaceous crops
- Genetically modified plants (transferred characters and genetic control)
- Genetically modified herbaceous crops
- Biofuels production from herbaceous crops.
- Phytoremediation of polluted soils.
- Genomica e Biotecnologie Genetiche – Vol III (Barcaccia, Falcinelli). Liguori Editore
- Biologia cellulare e Biotecnologie Vegetali (Pasqua G.). Piccin Editore
- Biotecnologie sostenibili (Galbiati, Gentile, La Malfa, Tonelli). Edagricole Editore
- Appunti del docente