CHEMISTRYAcademic Year 2021/2022 - 1° Year
Credit Value: 6
Scientific field: CHIM/03 - General and inorganic chemistry
Course Language: Italian
Taught classes: 28 hours
Exercise: 28 hours
Term / Semester: 1°
The aim of the course is to provide the student with the general basics of chemistry as well as the understanding of topics related to it and developed in other courses.
Classrom lectures and tutorials.
Should teaching be carried out in mixed mode or remotely, it may be necessary to introduce changes with respect to previous statements, in line with the programme planned and outlined in the syllabus.
Detailed Course Content
The matter and the periodic system of the elements
Chemical and physical properties of the elements
The chemical bond
Nomenclature and chemical reactions
Balancing chemical equations
Classification of inorganic compounds
Acid-base, exchange and oxidation-reduction reactions.
States of aggregation.
1. A. M. Manotti Lanfredi & A. Tiripicchio, FONDAMENTI DI CHIMICA, CEA
2. Fusi et al., -CHIMICA GENERALE ED INORGANICA - Idelson-Gnocchi
3. Petrucci et al., -CHIMICA GENERALE- Piccin
4. Speranza et al. -CHIMICA GENERALE ED INORGANICA- Edi-Ermes
5. M. Schiavello, L. Palmisano - FONDAMENTI DI CHIMICA - EdiSES
6. J.C. Kotz et al. - CHIMICA - EdiSES
7. P.W. Atkins, L. Jones - CHIMICA GENERALE - Zanichelli
8. R. Chang - FONDAMENTI DI CHIMICA GENERALE - Mc Graw Hill
9. Nivaldo J. Tro - CHIMICA – EdiSES Chimica Inorganica
10. D.H. Bandinelli - CHIMICA INORGANICA – Piccin
11. I. Bertini,C. Luchinat, F. Mani - CHIMICA INORGANICA - Ambrosiana, (distribuzione Zanichelli)
12. P. M. Lausarot, G.A. Vaglio - STECHIOMETRIA PER LA CHIMICA GENERALE- Piccin
13. P. Giannoccaro, S. Doronzo -ELEMENTI DI STECHIOMETRIA- Edises
Written with multiple choice quizzes.
Learning assessment may also be carried out on line in oral mode, if the conditions require it.
Information for students with disabilities and/or DSA.
As a guarantee of equal opportunities and in compliance with current laws, interested students can ask for a personal interview in order to plan any compensatory and/or dispensatory measures, based on their specific needs and on teaching objectives of the discipline. It is also possible to ask the departmental contacts of CInAP (Center for Active and Participatory Integration - Services for Disabilities and/or DSAs), in the persons of professors Giovanna Tropea Garzia and Anna De Angelis.