IRRIGATION SYSTEM DESIGNAcademic Year 2021/2022 - 1° Year
Credit Value: 6
Scientific field: AGR/08 - Agricultural hydraulics and watershed protection
Course Language: Italian
Taught classes: 28 hours
Exercise: 28 hours
Term / Semester: 1°
Supply scientific and technical knowledge on soil hydrology and irrigation techniques. The course provides criteria for design and management of irrigation systems, with particularly reference to sprinkler and drip irrigation system (surface and subsurface). Specific topics on water saving in agriculture (deficit irrgation) and the use of unconventional water resources for irrigation such as wastewater will be developed.
Credit total amount: 6
Total hours 56 (28 hrs for lectures and 28 hrs for applied activities).
The course is articulated in lectures and lab training sessions. Video projector during lectures and labtop for training session with specific softwares will be used.
Technical seminars with invited speakers (technicias) will be performed.
As a guarantee of equal opportunities and in compliance with current laws, interested students can ask for a personal interview in order to plan any compensatory and/or dispensatory measures, based on their specific needs and on teaching objectives of the discipline. It is also possible to ask the departmental contacts of CInAP (Center for Active and Participatory Integration - Services for Disabilities and/or DSAs), in the persons of professors Giovanna Tropea Garzia and Anna De Angelis.
Detailed Course Content
The course is articulated in lectures and applied sessions. Crop water requirements determination. Use of water in agriculture. Water use efficiency. Irrigation methods: main characteristics, design and management. Sprinlkler irrigation system design. Surface and subsurface drip irrigation. Evaluation of clogging risk in drip irrgation and good managment practices. Filtration systems. Fertigation systems. Automation and controller devices in irrigation systems. Decifit irrigation. Use of unconventional water resources for irrigation.
- Cirelli G.L. - Dispense del corso •
- Melby P. - Simplified irrigation design Ed. JOHN WILEY &SONS
- Capra A., Scicolone B. - Progettazione e gestione degli impianti di microirrigazione. Ed. EDAGRICOLE •
- Hargreaves G.H., MerkleyG.P. . Irrigation Fundamentals. Ed. WATER RESOURCES PUB, LLC
- Ferro V. Elementi di idraulica e idrologia per le scienze agrarie, ambientali e forestali Ed. McGraw-Hill, 2013.
- Cirelli G.L.. I trattamenti naturali delle acque reflue urbane, Gruppo Editoriale Esselibri – Simone, Napoli, 2003.
- Santelli P. Irrigazione del verde ornamentale. Ed. Flaccovio, Palermo, 2016