AGRICULTURAL BUILDINGSAcademic Year 2019/2020 - 2° Year
Credit Value: 6
Scientific field: AGR/10 - Rural buildings and agro-forest land planning
Course Language: Italian
Taught classes: 28 hours
Exercise: 28 hours
Term / Semester: 2°
Students acquire the basic technical skills on framing and building components, functional and plant aspects of the main livestock buildings and the most common types of greenhouses, as well as skills on the design of buildings for agriculture using specific software graphic design. At the end of the course, students will be able to apply the main criteria and standards for planning and design animal houses and greenhouses in keeping with modern agriculture.
Frontal teaching, exercises, designs, technical visits.
Detailed Course Content
Building materials:: bricks, concrete, reinforced concrete, stell. The housing of cattle: housing of dairy cows, housing of calves, housing of beef cattle, housing for organic production of beef cattle, housing of pigs. Fundamentals of environmental control of animal houses: heat tranfer and psychrometrics, animal thermal environment, thermal insulation, ventilation systems. Energy balance of animal houses and building materials for thermal insulation. Greenhouses: types of greenhouses, greenhouse energy problem, structural materials, covering materials, heating systems, screens, ventlation systems, cooling systems. Calculation exercises: Resolution of the energy balance of animal houses. Design exercises: drafting graphic printouts, by means of CAD softwares, of the preliminary project of an agricultural building at the choice of the student from a list of design themes put forward by the teacher.
- Chiumenti R., "Costruzioni rurali", Edagricole, Bologna, 2004.
- Weller J.B., Chiappini U., “Costruzioni agricole e zootecniche”, Edagricole, Bologna, 1976.
- Lindley A., Whitaker H., “Agricultural buildings and structures”, ASAE, St. Joseph MI, USA, 1996.
- Maton A., Daelemans J., Lambrecht J., “Housing of animals”, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1985.
- Dassori E., Morbiducci R., "Costruire l’architettura – Tecniche e tecnologie per il progetto", Tecniche nuove, Milano, 2010.
- Bandelloni E., "Elementi di architettura tecnica", CLEUP, Padova, 1986.
- Tesi R., “Mezzi di protezione per l’ortofloro-frutticoltura ed il vivaismo”, Edagricole, Bologna, 1999.
- Didactic supports provided by the teacher.