ENVIRONMENTAL PROCEDURESAcademic Year 2016/2017 - 3° Year - Curriculum Tutela e valorizzazione del territorio
Credit Value: 6
Scientific field: AGR/01 - Agricultural economics and rural appraisal
Taught classes: 32 hours
Term / Semester: 1°
The course aims at transferring the knowledge on theoretical principles and operative guidelines for application of management effectiveness evaluation procedures of protected areas and of the most common environmental procedures (EIA, SEA, VINCA, and VIS) in order to assess the impacts of the human interventions on the environment and local communities to ensure their protection and proper management.
Detailed Course Content
1. Introduction and objectives of the course.
2. Procedures for assessment of management effectiveness of protected areas.
2.1. "Rapid Assessment and Prioritization of Protected Area Management" (RAPPAM).
2.2. "Management Effectiveness Tracking Tool" (METT).
2.3. The IUCN approach to the cyclical evaluation of the management effectiveness of protected areas.
3. Environmental Impact Assessment (E.I.A.).
4. Strategic Environmental Assessment (S.E.A.).
5. Environmental effects assessment.
6. Social Impact Assessment.
1. PPT slides distributed throughout the course.
2. Other specific material (paper, chapters of books) distributed throughout the course.