ENVIRONMENTAL HYDRAULICSAcademic Year 2018/2019 - 2° Year
Credit Value: 6
Scientific field: AGR/08 - Agricultural hydraulics and watershed protection
Taught classes: 28 hours
Exercise: 28 hours
Term / Semester: 2°
The main educations goals of the Environmental Hydraulics course are:
- to provide knowledge on fluid properties and the laws governing fluid statics and dynamics;
- to acquire the ability of design and verify small hydraulics systems (pipes, canals) and artefacts for flow measurement; students will acquire knowledge about the design of hydraulic plants used mainly in the irrigation and drainage field of application.
The course will be held by giving teoretical lectures and by carrying out of practical tests. In particular, students will be involved in solving practical tests, single or in groups, to verify the learning of concepts also during the course.
Detailed Course Content
Main contents of the topic are: properties of liquids; hydrostatics equations; water pressure; main equations of hydrodynamics; distributed ad concentrated loss of head in pipes; outflow from orifices and discharge measurements devices in open channels; calculation of pressure on flat walls. In particular, the students will be able to project and verify pressure pipes and open channels. Moreover, specific examples for irrigation system will be given.
- Yunus A. Çengel, John M. Cimbala. 2007. Meccanica dei fluidi. Mcgrawhill
- Citrini, D. e Noseda, G.. Idraulica. Casa Editrice Ambrosiana, Milano,
- V. Ferro. 2013. Elementi di idraulica e idrologia per le scienze agrarie, ambientali e forestali. McGraw-Hill
- Handsout distributed during the course